Carrying a gun is a personal decision that requires a great deal of careful consideration. Protecting yourself and your family is an amazing privilege we have as citizens of the United States. If you do choose to observe this right, here are several things you should consider before purchasing your firearm.
- Get comfortable – Deciding to carry a concealed weapon should not be taken lightly. If you plan to carry, get comfortable with doing so and do it regularly to ensure you are calm and prepared in any situation.
- Be prepared– Know the power of the weapon and educate yourself on how to use it properly. Most importantly, be aware of when and when not to use it
- Don’t misuse – Be sensible with a firearm and respect the power it has. If you cannot handle a gun responsibly, do not own one.
- License yourself – Do not carry a gun unless you have the proper concealed carry permit.
- Know how to use a gun – If you are going to carry a gun, you must have the proper education and training to use it correctly. Thorough knowledge on how and when to use a gun is imperative to ensure safe handling habits.
- Keep it concealed – Concealed carry means just that. Do not carry a gun if your intention is to show it off or flaunt excess power.
- Know firearms – Take the time to properly educate yourself on a variety of firearms and understand their unique uses.
- Know the law – Concealed carry laws vary from state to state. It is your responsibility to know the laws ahead of time if you are traveling and plan to carry a firearm.
- Be sure your sidearm fits your needs – The purpose of concealed carry is protection. Be sure your particular firearm choice is sufficient.
- Use your brain – A gun is a powerful and deadly weapon that carries with it an immense level of responsibility. Think carefully when carrying and always use common sense.
At Northern Illinois Carry, LLC, we offer firearm training to help you feel at ease with your weapon. In addition to concealed carry courses, we also offer classes for women to increase their knowledge and comfort level with handguns. Contact us today to learn more or register for one of our classes.